The Irish Times Fantasy Football
Terms and Conditions (Premier League 12/13)
1. These Terms and Conditions apply if you enter The Irish Times Fantasy Football game ("the Game") located at http://irishtimes.fantasyleague.com ("the Website") which is operated by The Irish Times and Fantasy League Limited collectively ("the Promoters"). By entering the Game, you hereby agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of play.
2. The Game is only open to persons residing in a country where the Game is not prohibited or otherwise unlawful.
3. The Game is not open to employees of Fantasy League Ltd,
4. PRIZE ELIGIBILITY - Everyone over the age of 18 eligible for the main prizes, except employees of The Irish Times. Players under the age of 18 are eligible for the school's league prizes.
5. PRIZES: For details of the prizes on offer, please see the prizes page.
6. TIES: In the event of two teams finishing level on points in any leaderboard, the winner (or prize recipient, where applicable) will be the entrant who has scored the most goals during the relevant period, followed by the most assists. If there is still no separating the tied teams, teams will be placed in order of the time that they were entered, with the team which was entered earliest being deemed the winner (or prize recipient).
7. GENERAL: The judges' decision in relation to the award of prizes and all other matters associated with the Game will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prizes are non-transferable and there are no alternative prizes unless determined by the Promoters.
8. Entry into the Game constitutes permission for the Promoters and/or their associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies to use the names, team selections and photographs of participants at its discretion. All winners may be required to participate in any such publicity as the Promoters reasonably require.
10. Incorrect, incomplete or corrupted entries will not be accepted. The computer record of the entry will be considered to be the entry. The decision of Fantasy League Ltd is final.
11. The website may not be available at all times. You hereby agree that Fantasy League Ltd will not be liable if the website is unavailable at any time. The Promoters and their associated affiliated and subsidiary companies do not accept liability for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network conditions which may limit or prohibit the opportunity to participate in the Game.
12. ENTRY DEADLINES: In order to score points for the full duration of the game, entry must have been recorded no later than 15.00(BST) on Saturday, 18th August. Any team entered after the above deadline will score points from the next scheduled match after the entry is received. Player points scored before the team was entered will not be added in retrospect.
13. TEAM NAMES: The Promoters reserve the right to refuse team names that are, in its sole opinion, deemed to be inappropriate or offensive. Unsuitable names will be deleted and the team will appear under the entrant’s name.
14. PLAYER LIST: The players included on the player list and their positional classifications have been determined by Fantasy League Ltd. The Promoters will not enter into any correspondence relating to details of the player list, nor will they accept the inclusion into a team of any player not on the published list. Players may be added to and removed from the player list during the game at the discretion of Fantasy League Ltd.
15. SCORING POINTS: Players in the Game score points based on their performance in Premier League matches only. Please refer to the Scoring Points page for a detailed breakdown of how the scoring mechanism works.
16. ASSISTS: Refer to the How To Play page for full details on the Assists ruling.
17. TEAM CHANGES: Unlimited team changes are permitted prior to 15.00(BST) on Saturday, 18th August. After this time, changes can only be made as outlined on the Team Changes page. All team changes are effective immediately. Team changes can be made at any time, but must be completed before the scheduled kick-off time of the incoming player's next match in order to score points from that match.
18. The rules and point structure are the copyright of Fantasy League Ltd. No information may be reproduced in any format without prior written consent from Fantasy League Ltd. Fantasy League is a registered trademark and cannot be used without the express permission of Fantasy League Ltd.
19. Informative and explanatory copy relating to Fantasy League and the Game, including the scoring system and rules, form part of the terms and conditions of this game.
20. The Promoters reserve the right to refuse to accept any entry which, in their sole opinion, does not comply with the terms and conditions of the competition or which contravenes the spirit of the competition. The Promoters further have an absolute discretion to disqualify any entry, or vary, amend or waive the terms and conditions of the competition at any time and participants agree that no liability shall attach to the Promoters as a result thereof and that the exercise of such discretion shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any participant. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
21. Any site users or entrants found to be attempting or suspected of attempting to hack into any servers or systems run by Fantasy League Ltd. will be immediately removed from the system and have any entry, subscriptions or payments cancelled. Such users will have no right to any refunds and Fantasy League Ltd. reserves the right to report the matter to the relevant authorities.
22. The Promoters will make all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the Game information on the Website and to update such information on a regular basis, but do not guarantee that such information will be accurate or up-to-date at all times.
23. The Promoters reserve the right to investigate any complaints that they receive but shall be under no obligation to do so. Should the Promoters choose to exercise this right, their decision shall be final and binding on all complainants and they shall not enter into any correspondence regarding its decision or any other matter.
24. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions proves to be illegal or unenforceable, this shall not prevent the remaining provisions continuing in full force and effect.
25. These Terms and Conditions will be interpreted in accordance with Irish law and the entrants agree that all claims arising from their participation in the Game which they may bring against the Promoters will be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
26. Promoters: The Irish Times of PO BOX 74, 24-28 Tara Street, Dublin 2, Ireland and Fantasy League Ltd of 1 Lawfords Wharf, Lyme Street, London, NW1 0SF. If you have any problems in accessing details about your chosen team or any other details regarding your entry or any general queries, please Contact Us.